Thursday, June 2, 2011

SocNoc, Day 2

Today's Wordcount: 1557
Total Wordcount: 7370 (includes the part written before SocNoc - 4143 words)
Percentage: 6.5%

Not doing well, I'm having to really force the words out. If it continues in this manner, I might have to choose a scene that I am looking forward to and write it out. I don't know what is wrong with this one - I like the concept and I have a clear idea of the characters, but I just do not quite have a grasp on the plot. Indeed, if this blog wasn't scheduled to be featured on the 13th June than I would probably just pull the plug on it now.

It is easier if I write dialogue. In my writing course they said a certain percentage of any story should be dialogue. I can't quite remember the percentage, so I shall have to consult my notes.

No extract today. I'm feeling frustrated and nothing I wrote was particularly noteworthy, especially out of context. I am hoping the bug will catch me soon. I've not even managed to force out my requisite 1,667 words per day (most of which will probably be editted out on the rewrite), so I'm already behind in the wordcount. Still, tomorrow is my day off and between appointments I shall hopefully manage to make my mark.

No comments: