Thursday, June 23, 2011

SocNoc, Day 23

Today's Wordcount: 1,330
Total Wordcount: 50,914
(includes the part written before SocNoc - 4143 words)
Percentage: 93.5%

And I'm into the home-straight now! Tomorrow might be the day that I officially reach the 50k. Today is also distinctive in two other ways - one it is my longest working day - from 10 am until 9.15 pm and thus I am truly pooped, and two, it is my birthday.

So why am I working on my birthday? Because I don't see the point in taking the day off and besides, I am very fond of my co-workers and any excuse to get extra hugs from them is most welcome. One even gave me a cupcake. It's so cute I don't want to eat it yet - not until I've photographed it.

Anyhow, due to the late finish, I have not achieved my daily word goal for today. Not that it really matters, as it is only 300 words and I am sure to manage them tomorrow. My plan is to finish this part of the novel up to its grand climax (probably around 60k words) and end it with a cliffhanger, and then set the book aside for four months and resume it again for WriMo. As I am suffering a bit from Madagascar overdose.

Also, I need to finish polishing "Aroha's Grand Adventure", order a (hopefully final) proof copy and get it published so that people can actually buy it.

No comments: