Thursday, June 30, 2011

SocNoc, day 30

June is over. Thank goodness.

I am not proud of my efforts this month. Although at times the story did flow rather well, at others it slumped like a lead balloon. I feel mentally fatigued. Which is odd, because my NaNo novel last year was energising, not exhausting.

My final wordcount was 62,414 of which the last 3,914 will be deleted and the plot will take a new turn. So I still achieved the 50k even taking into account the 4142 words written before the month began.

So in a way I have achieved my goal, but I have still ultimately failed. I wanted it to be good, I wanted it to reach a final point that was exciting and cliff-hangerish. Instead it just meanders on and on and achieves nothing.

If anyone is interested in reading the 58,499 of this story that is decent, please drop me an email.

However, for "Lore of the Ringtails" there shall be no future and it shall forever be related to the "unfinished stories" folder on my desktop - along with "Quest for Lemuria" (mark 1, 2 and 3), "Scavengers of the Deadlands" (which was actually not too bad) and too many others to count.

On the positive side, I can start concentrating once more on "Midsummer Knight's Quest" which I believe DOES have a future, even if it is gathering dust in a warehouse somewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for finishing SoCNoC, congratulations on your accomplishment.